- Poster presentation
- Open Access
Creating chemo- and bioinformatics workflows, further developments within the CDK-Taverna Project
© Kuhn et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2009
- Published: 05 June 2009
- Large Dataset
- Cluster Result
- Soft Computing
- Chemistry Development
- Current Development
The CDK-Taverna project aims at building an open-source pipelining solution through combination of different open-source projects such as Taverna  the Chemistry Development Kit (CDK)  and Bioclipse .
Pipelining or workflow tools allow for the Lego™-like, graphical assembly of I/O modules and algorithms into a complex workflow which can be easily deployed, modified and tested without the hassle of implementing it into a monolithic application. Current developments in CDK-Taverna focus on a soft computing framework which allows a flexible use of different methods from, for example, the WEKA  library. Additionally an implementation of the ART2a  algorithm is added as worker and could be used for cluster purposes. Worker which analyse and compare the cluster results are also implemented. Pgchem::Tigress  a chemoinformatic cartridge for a PostgresSQL database is used to allow the handling of large datasets. Therefore a number of worker for adding, selection and searching molecules from and on the database are added.
- Oinn T, Addis M, Ferris M, Marvin D, Senger M, Greenwood M, Carver T, Glover K, Pocock M, Wipat A, Li P: Taverna: A tool for the composition and enactment of bioinformatics workflows. Bioinformatics. 2004, 20 (17): 3045-3054. 10.1093/bioinformatics/bth361.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Steinbeck C, Han YQ, Kuhn S, Horlacher O, Luttmann E, Willighagen E: The Chemistry Development Kit (CDK): An open-source Java library for chemo- and bioinformatics. J Chem Inf Comput Sci. 2003, 43: 493-500.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Spjuth O, Helmus T, Willighagen EL, Kuhn S, Eklund M, et al: Bioclipse: An open rich client workbench for chemo-and bioinformatics.Google Scholar
- Witten IH, Frank E: Data Mining: Practical machine learning tools and techniques. 2005, Morgen Kaufmann, San Francisco, 2Google Scholar
- Carpenter GA, Grossberg S, Rosen DB: Neural Networks. 1991, 4: 493-10.1016/0893-6080(91)90045-7.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Schmid EG: [http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgchem/]
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd.